If you’re looking for some good books to read, one of your best resources is the American Christian Fiction Writers group. I’ve been a member for about 4 years now and have been tremendously blessed through learning to be a better writer, connecting with other authors and would-be authors, and being privy to the encouragement and instruction of hundreds of other Christian writers. It still blows my mind to realize that some of my favorite authors — the ones whose books I go straight to in the bookstore, the ones whose blogs I read because I admire their perspectives and enjoy getting to ‘know’ them — are right in the middle of things, asking questions and opinions or offering advice to others.
Being part of ACFW has really opened my eyes to the ever-growing world of Christian fiction. We invite members to announce their newly releasing books to the group each month and then many members help spread the word. I’ve found some authors and books through ACFW that I might not have discovered otherwise, and I’m forever grateful for that gift.
With that in mind, I’m going to join the ranks of some of my fellow fiction lovers and post each month’s new releases. Here’s the latest list, with titles releasing in February. Some are already available and others will be in the next few weeks. Keep an eye out for them and enjoy!
1. Abigail: A Novel, The Wives of King David, Book 2, by Jill Eileen Smith from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. Turmoil marks her life – what price will she pay for love?
2. A Valentine Wish, by Betsy St. Amant from Steeple Hill Love Inspired. Lori, chocolate-lover extraordinare, is unemployed, single, and out of brownie mix. But when a secret admirer pops up at her new job running a chocolate boutique, she might have the ingredients for a special Valentine’s after all!
3. Deliver Us From Evil, by Robin Caroll from B&H Publishing. When a female helicopter pilot rescues a US Marshal escorting a heart, they must race against time to uncover the largest child trafficking ring in history.
4. Hometown Promise; First in the Kellerville Series, by Merrillee Whren from Steeple Hill Love Insired. Kellerville: Finding family, community and love in one small town
5. Love’s Winding Path, by Lauralee Bliss from Heartsong Presents, Barbour Publishing. A prodigal’s life is never out of God’s reach and His love as two lonely adventurers are about to discover.
6. The Marriage Masquerade, by Erica Vetsch from Heartsong Presents, Barbour Publishing. Sometimes running away brings you right back where you started.
7. Meander Scar, by Lisa Lickel from Black Lyon. When Ann is ready to jump back into life with a new love, she discovers the devastating truth behind her husband’s disappearance.
9. On Wings of Love, by Kim Watters from Steeple Hill Love Inspired. A dedicated nurse devotes her life helping others, only to discover the man who steals her heart doesn’t want her help..
10. The Pastor’s Wife, by Jennifer AlLee from Abingdon Press. A woman must face the husband – and the congregation – she ran from six years earlier.
11. Walking on Broken Glass, by Christa Allen from Abingdon Press. Leah Thornton stops numbing her pain with alcohol, but discovers the road to redemption might still be under construction.
I’m reading Abigail now and am absolutely loving it! Once I finish I’ll post a review so you can decide whether to check it out yourself.