The back-to-school season has begun, with students, teachers, and support staff all across the country preparing for a new year of learning. Whether your local school system is already in session or whether the classrooms won’t fill until after Labor Day, everyone involved needs our prayers.
And although many of us think of preschoolers and grades K-12 when we hear the word “school,” let’s not forget the students and professors in colleges, technical schools, and other places of learning. They need our prayers, too.
10 things we can pray as a new school year begins
1) Pray for teachers to have adequate time, energy, and resources to prepare their classrooms and lessons.
2) Pray for administrators and other leaders to have wisdom as they set policies and make decisions.
3) Pray for students and teachers to have open minds and hearts as they learn and grow together.
4) Pray for God’s protection — physically, mentally, and spiritually — over every school and the people in it.
5) Pray for supportive relationships between students, teachers, staff, administrators, and parents.
6) Pray for each person to move closer to becoming who God wants them to be.
7) Pray for the Christians in each school — from the youngest students to the oldest staff members — to have courageous faith.
8) Pray for each Christian to be a light that brings other people to God.
9) Pray for the students who feel lonely, left out, or “less than.”
10) Pray for the teachers who wonder if they’re making a difference, especially the ones who lie awake at night worrying about (and for) their students.
Your turn: There are so many ways we can pray for our schools, this is barely the tip of the iceberg. What would you add to my list? Leave a comment below to share your ideas.10 things we can pray as a new school year begins. #prayer #christianliving #christianity #backtoschool Click To Tweet