I read a pretty wide variety of things but am always telling myself I should branch out more. 2021 will be my year to start, with a Read Something New book challenge. I would love for others to join!
Here’s how it will work.
A different genre or topic is assigned to each month of 2021. Toward the end of each month, I’ll post something here and on my social media pages reminding what the next month’s category is (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram). If you want to participate, read something in the category that month. It’s as easy as that!
The schedule is:
- January: Historical fiction
- February: Science fiction or fantasy
- March: Fiction or nonfiction centered on a specific event or time period
- April: Young adult
- May: Reread a favorite from middle or high school
- June: Contemporary fiction
- July: A classic you’ve never read
- August: Fiction or nonfiction that takes place in your state
- September: Biography
- October: Mystery or suspense
- November: Fiction or nonfiction written by a local author
- December: Something for personal growth
I’ll post reviews of whatever I read and invite you to share about yours in the comments. Join in whenever you want – you don’t have to commit to participating every month.
Plus: Anyone who shares about what they’ve read will be entered in some bookish prize drawings along the way.
So, let’s get ready for historical fiction in January. Plenty of amazing options there! I’m leaning toward Colors of Truth, which is the newest from Tamera Alexander. What are you thinking about?