If you love writing and are serious about learning to be a better writer, one of the best things you can do is get involved with a writers’ group or critique partner. There’s nothing like accountability to make you sit and write, and there’s nothing like connecting with others who write the words God lays on their hearts! I can’t say enough wonderful things about my online and in-person writing friends.
The next thing you need to do is sign up for a writers’ conference. Trust me, they don’t have to be as scary as you might think. Plus you’ll learn tons and meet lots of new friends, so how can that be bad? It can’t. 🙂
For a full listing of Christian writers’ conferences, check out Christian Writers’ Market Guide. It’s updated each year and you can buy it through multiple book sellers. In the meantime, here are a few that I’ve attended or have heard lots of great things about:
- Florida Christian Writers Conference
- Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference
- Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference
- Write to Publish
- Colorado Christian Writers Conference
- Glorietta Christian Writers Conference
- American Christian Fiction Writers Conference
- Mt. Herman Christian Writers Conference
- American Christian Writers Association
There are plenty of others and you can sometimes get some great education right down the road through a local writers’ group. Keep your eyes and ears open, surf the Net, and you might be surprised at how easy it is to take your writing to that next level!